Tarpit City

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Made and designed for Blizzard games.

Tarpit Defence 3

SiKiN
    SiKiN
    Admin

Tarpit Defence 3 Empty Tarpit Defence 3

Post by SiKiN Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:35 pm

Tarpit Defence 3 T310
    Introduction:
    Released 1 month after version 2.2, 3.0-3.1 became the most played custom game for several months, the map remained mostly the same with minor changes, these minor changes included terrain and pallet adjustments, an emphasis on farming using drones and several minor health and armor adjustments to each level to balance the game from easy to hard over the course of the game.

Gameplay:
    The game was based around 7 players trying to stop waves of enemies from reaching the end of the track or "City" as the goal was to protect the city from the Tarpit Monsters, if 1 monster reached the City the game would end. Players could purchase several types of units but where mostly inclined to stick to 4 classes of units, The Archon, The Marine, The Ghost and the Hydralisk. In order to buy these units you would need to kill upto 15 monsters to recieve a bread slice which could then be used to purchase units/minerals and upgrades. Survive every level and you would win the game.

Reception:
    The map was recieved well and truely above expectation, at first 2.2 was buzzing and 3.0 turned that buzz from popular to almost saturating the game list overnight. It became a fad almost within 1 day of release and lead to only one version change due to how much testing was done in the 2.0 series. Although the testing process was extensive a couple of bugs still remained, such as the game not ending on the last level and the Ban Player not working which didn't discurouge players from playing 3.0

Conclusion:
    3.0-3.1 was for its short time my most played map of all time, it pushed the limits of what the editor could throw at players in a defence map to problematic effects such as capping the sprite limit easily 10-15 minutes in causing several unit issues. The map died after 2 months dominating the custom game list as a pirate cracked and released 3.2 slandering me and my entire clan, this version due to limited comunication to the public became the mainstay version and destroyed the reputation of myself in terms of making defence maps. The 3.2 version fixed the Ban Player but still didn't fix the end snenario issue.

Download Tarpit Defence 3.1.scx

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:29 am